Item #: mcc631029
97-13 XR1 Cobalt Friction Front Brake Pads
Cobalt Friction Technologies Inc. is a leading developer and manufacturer of high-performance brake friction compounds for professional motorsports and club racing applications like the C5 & C6 Corvette. The uncompromising performance and quality of Cobalt products, along with their industry-leading support and product knowledge, is the reason for their broad and continually expanding customer base in professional motorsports, club racing, and high-performance driver education programs. From street and autocross to the highest levels of motorsport competition, Cobalt has a solution to meet your exact performance requirements.
The Cobalt XR1 C5 & C6 Corvette front brake pads combine a very aggressive initial bite/attack and high sustained torque levels with good modulation/threshold control and release characteristics to deliver unparalleled deceleration rates across a broad range of operating conditions. Cobalt Friction's proprietary Thermo-Velocity Design Profile yields unmatched consistency and torque stability across an extremely broad temperature range, throughout the life of the brake pad material. This performance brake pad fits all C5 & C6 Corvette except Z06, ZR1 & GrandSport models.
Cobalt XR1 C5 & C6 Corvette Front Brake Pad Characteristics:
* Temperature Range: 100-1600°F (38-871°C)
* Intial Bite/Attack: Very Aggressive
* Torque Level & Profile: Very High + Fast Ramp
* Modulation: Very Good
* Release: Excellent
* Consistency (across temp. range): Excellent
* Consistency (throughout pad depth): Excellent
* Pad Wear & Finish: Very Good (no edge crumbling or chipping)
* Pad Wear Rate-of-Change: < 10.0%-ROC from New-to-End of Life
* Disc Wear & Finish: Excellent (no grooving or cupping)